1. Members must be age 18 or over to borrow items from Bws Benthyg / Borrow Bus
2. Items loaned out are NOT for commercial use.
3. Prior to borrowing items, all Members must (a) complete a Membership Application; (b) sign the Waiver and Indemnification Form; and (c) have their residence confirmed by a Bws Benthyg volunteer or member of the staff. Completing a Membership Application includes the completion of the Membership Application form and verification of the Member’s identity.
4. Bws Benthyg staff are available to assist in explaining operation of items. However, by taking possession of any item, the Member is certifying that he or she is capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner.
5. Only the Member is authorized to use Bws Benthyg items. The Member shall not permit the use of items checked out to him or her by any other person unless by the express permission of Bws Benthyg.
6. Members will be charged for borrowing an item. Method of payment is cash or credit/debit cards.
7. Membership costs are as follows:
£5 - low wage/benefits
£12 - student
£20 - standard rate
£30 - supporter membership
You may also make a donation.
8. All items borrowed are to be returned to Bws Benthyg on their Return Date and as agreed between Bws staff or volunteers and the loanee.
9. Members may renew each item if (a) the Member contacts Bws Benthyg by noon on the day that the Return Date, and (b) no other Member has reserved the item. Bws Benthyg reserves the right to refuse or limit renewals. Bws Benthyg will only be liable to you for loss or damage caused by our negligence in failing to tell you about a known fault. We will not be liable for faults of which we are not aware. Other than this Bws Benthyg exclude all liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of contract. Because we are not a business, the risk to you is greater than if you were paying to hire something or buy it.
10. The Member agrees that Bws Benthyg is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in quality of workmanship or materials inherent in any borrowed items. Each time you take an item out you must check it visually before you take it, and make other checks for any faults that you may be able to identify before using it. The Member agrees that if any borrowed item becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, he or she must immediately discontinue use of the item and notify Bws Benthyg.
11. If you are borrowing electrical equipment, you must check the visible wires and plug for any damage before use. If you are using the item outside, moving it about, or using it in circumstances where it may encounter water, anything sharp or other electrical wiring, you must use a circuit breaker.
12. All items are to be returned in the same (or better) condition as they were issued, barring normal wear and tear. All items must be returned clean. Bws Benthyg and the Member will come to an individual agreement in respect of any loss of or damage to any item and the Member further agrees to accept Bws Benthyg's assessment of condition of items and on return engage in discussion of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency, and/or loss of items. Bws Benthyg reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its discretion.
13. If Bws Benthyg is not the owner of the item and only facilitates contact between you and the Owner, Bws Benthyg accepts no liability for the condition of any item or any loss or damage resulting from your use of it.
14. If you borrow an item and with our agreement pass it on to another Borrower before it is returned to us and booked in, you remain liable to us for the return and condition of the object until it is returned to us. If you collect an item from another Borrower with our agreement that will also be on the terms of this Agreement.
15. I affirm that the information that I have provided on the Membership Application is current, true, and correct. I understand that this information may be subject to verification.
16. I further state that I have read and fully understand the rules and regulations of Bws Benthyg, and I understand that failure to comply with any of these rules may result in revocation of my borrowing privileges and/or legal action against me. I have read and signed a Waiver and Indemnification form, relinquishing all claims against Bws Benthyg.